GOLD COAST SOLAR
Cities like the Gold Coast are amongst the best locations in Australia (and the whole WORLD!) for harvesting energy from the sun because we simply receive more solar radiation – as per this map from energyinformative.org.
However, the amount of solar energy your house or business will receive depends not just on your geographical location, but a number of other factors including:
- the size of your solar system
- the efficiency of your solar panels and inverter
- how well you maintain your solar system (dirty solar panels can reduce panel efficiency by up to 30%)
- the orientation of your system (solar systems should be facing north, or east/west but never south!)
- the tilt of your solar panels (for maximum efficiency, solar panels should be tilted at the same degree as the latitude of where you live. For the Gold Coast, this is 27 degrees.)
Residential systems typically range anywhere from 1.5 to 6 kilowatts (kW). The size of the system you choose will depend on the size of your roof and your budget. And your electricity needs (how much electricity you use) and usage patterns (the times of the day you use energy), will determine how much you will save on your power bill. For an accurate measurement of the power your system will generate and how much you could save on your power bill, you will need to have an experienced professional provide you with your options and design a system for your particular property and energy needs.